Skip to main content

Reporting your rent changes

All Universal credit (UC) claimants are reminded that it is their responsibility to notify the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) of any alterations to their housing costs.

The Community Housing Group rents are changing from 6 April 2020 and it is therefore essential that claimants advise the DWP of the changes as soon as possible.

UC claimants will be sent an action called a "To-Do’’ via their UC account. It will be entitled ‘’Update your Housing Costs’’ and will ask a number of questions to establish whether the rent or service charge liability has changed.  Please note that this can only be done once the change has happened i.e. after the rent has changed in April. 

For further information about your UC:

For information and options on how to pay your rent or service charges: